So you have decided to take up dancing.
That is brilliant because dancing is one of the most fun and excellent things you can do.
This page is all for beginners. Here you will find answers to most of the questions you are likely to have. If you have other questions, please contact us and we will be glad to help.
I think I have 2 left feet, will this be a problem?
After over a decade of teaching and dancing all over the world, we have never seen anybody who actually has 2 left feet.
- Nobody can dance before they learn how.
- Everybody can learn to dance.
Do you need to be athletic and young?
No. The dance styles we teach are achievable by most people of a wide age range. Its never too late to start learning to dance.
Dance is physical however, so you are likely to break a moderate sweat and may find your health and fitness improving as you progress.
Which Class Should I Do?
West Coast Swing is perfect for dancing in bars, clubs, parties, weddings, its fun and casual.
Argentine Tango is more romantic and sophisticated, great for a more intimate dance.
Can I watch a class before I decide?
Of course! Feel free to come by any of our classes and have a look. Just check the dance style pages for details of the times and addresses.
Classes or Private Lessons?
Either way you are going to get great attention and excellent teaching from one of Australia’s most brilliant and experienced full time professional dance teachers.
Private Lessons are good if…
- You are a little shy about going to a group class.
- You want to get a head start on the rest of the class.
- You absolutely need to know everything as fast as possible.
- You have a partner and you want to focus on dancing with them.
- You don’t mind spending the extra money ($80 Per hour)
Classes are good if …
- You want to socialise and meet people in a fun environment.
- You want to learn to dance with lots of different people.
- You are more budget conscious ($90 for 6 week course)
Do I need my own partner?
No. You can borrow one of ours!
Well actually in class we rotate partners so every-man-body gets to dance with every-woman-body and everybody gets to dance with the teachers.
I only want to dance with my own partner.
That’s fine to. Some people prefer that and you don’t have to rotate partners if you don’t want to.
What shoes should I wear?
Dance shoes would be perfect, but as you may not have any to start with we advise;
- Low heel, enclosed toe, with a leather sole.
- They should fit well so your foot doesn’t move about in the shoe
- They should have a sole that can easily turn and spin on wood. (Rubber soles are bad for this)
- No high heels! (ha ha)
- Preferably shoes with a leather sole
- As long as they don’t stick to wooden floors (Rubber soles are bad for this)
What clothing should I wear?
Anything you are comfortable and can move freely in. Most people dress casually.
- Avoid dresses or skirts that come down to your feet (we need to see the position of your feet and legs to teach you)
- Avoid dresses altogether preferably.
Do you take credit card?
- Yes if you pay online.
- But we cant take credit card at the door. Sorry.
I have more questions.
No problem, just contact us and we will answer them immediately.
Pick a course and enroll and prepare to become even more awesome!